Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm not dead. Yet. Woops.

Watched Guzaarish today, and I am in awe of Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The man is a genius, and his mind intrigues me. The movie's soundtrack is haunting, melodic, and it also uses a very interesting version of Lux Aeterna. There is something very belief-suspending about the landscape, the use of colours and the simplicity of his characters. Which is not to say that the story or performances lack layering.
The plot is relatively simple, incorporating in itself, among other themes, the Indian judiciary's stance on euthanasia. The cast is wonderfully ensemble - Hrithik Roshan is stunning. The man is a Greek God. Maniacal laughter, and those EYES. The way he walks when he dances - he oozes confidence while being helpless, commands your utmost respect while being a vegetable of a man. And the guy who played Omar (Aditya Roy Kapur, Iloveyouuu) is both cute AND hot. I don't know how he did it but I want him, I just do.

Interestingly I've also been appointed Health Minister in my room, or so it seems, because I'm in charge of confiscating junk food from Bed-against-the-wall, and making Third-from-the-Top take a walk everyday and drag her away from her books and stuff. Our a/c has been spewing chunks of ice into the room at random intervals. While we're aware that this needs to be addressed, no one can do the heart-breaking job of asking for it to be fixed, I mean, it SNOWS in the room (okay sure, you might have your eye put out, but that's a small price to pay for a white Christmas.)

Had lunch at a rooftop restaurant today, overlooking misty hills and trees. It started raining midway through the meal and stopped and rained again. It would have been romantic, were we not surrounded by fat balding men eating egg biryani. That, and the fact that the four other people at the table were my roommates, the ex-roommate, and the girl from the second floor.

Braces have made me incapable of biting my nails. Third-from-the-top is delighted and paints them in different colours. It doesn't take much to make people happy sometimes.

Watched far too many movies this week. Social Network (awesomeness), Dabangg (a totally different kind of awesomeness), Easy A (more awesomeness), and very little of Kynodontas (I need to grow a pair and watch this till the end, but ohmygod, I can't, I really can't.) House Season 7, which is disappointing, must finish off Weeds tomorrow and finally get down to studying something.
On the bright side, I'm going to watch Break ke Baad with the Zionist tomorrow to lech at the leads. Happytimes.

3 comments:

  1. Try a big bar of chocolate when watching Kynodontas. It really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, season 7 is disappointing. Why couldn't they just end the damn thing with season 5?
    Guzaarish was good-ish. The version of Lux Aeterna used in it sucks balls! And what's with introducing that rival magician dude three-quarters of the way into the film? That was idiotic. Yes, rest was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Antara. I don't know. I'm going to watch a happy movie, and then 20 minutes of Kynodontas. Something like that has to be planned.

    @PoM, House is not House when he's getting laid. True that. I squeaked when Lux Aeterna came on, then I realised they'd replaced all the high notes with low and inverted it. Hence making it weird.

    ReplyDelete